This time porting Python code to MicroPython wasn’t only about fixing syntax and API. It turns out that for the e-paper display library that uses relatively big amounts of data at once, you have to sweat a bit more to get satisfactory results.
It’s been a while since I deployed the WiPy-powered air quality monitor on my balcony. I have since replaced the microcontroller with a LoPy4 to enable LoRa connectivity, and I switched to a custom-made PCB.
I recently got a thermal printer and adapted its Python library to MicroPython. It took only a couple of hours, but let me explain the rationale behind purchasing a thermal printer.
Air quality has been a heated topic recently here in Poland. It all started a couple of years ago in Kraków, which is arguably the