This time porting Python code to MicroPython wasn’t only about fixing syntax and API. It turns out that for the e-paper display library that uses relatively big amounts of data at once, you have to sweat a bit more to get satisfactory results.
This is a story of how I got the air quality sensor to transmit its data via LoRa, from the balcony of my flat, over LoRaWAN nano-gateway to TTN router in the Netherlands, then to my relay server elsewhere in Europe, and to the database on the Raspberry Pi in the living room of the same flat. (Not) just because it can™.
It’s been a while since I deployed the WiPy-powered air quality monitor on my balcony. I have since replaced the microcontroller with a LoPy4 to enable LoRa connectivity, and I switched to a custom-made PCB.
Accidentally inspired by my colleagues during a casual chat, I developed the the ESP32-powered Bluetooth Low Energy button that triggers shell commands on a Mac.
I recently wrote about a MicroPython library for Adafruit thermal printer. I was able to test it with the LoPy version 1 board from Pycom,
I recently got a thermal printer and adapted its Python library to MicroPython. It took only a couple of hours, but let me explain the rationale behind purchasing a thermal printer.